Objective: E/LA 9.2: Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze in detail its development over the course of the text, including how it emerges and is shaped and refined by specific details; provide an objective summary of the text.
Before bell: Passing back papers blitz
1. Review Chapters 14-16 with a partner and give titles to each of these chapters in your spirals.
2. Go over Chapter 16 & QAR
3. Introduce the Readers' Theater activity
4. Get students into small groups of 6 students. Each group selects their own parts.
5. Time to read! Ask me any questions.
6. Review the trial with students - whole class.
HW: Read Chapter 19 (8 pages) and summarize each page on your own paper; this assignment will be collected.