E/LA 9-10 Writing 8 W.2a Introduce a topic; organize complex ideas, concepts, and information to make important connections and distinctions; include headings
E/LA 9-10 Writing 9 W.2b Develop the topic with well-chosen, relevant, and sufficient facts, extended definitions, concrete details, quotations, or other informationand examples appropriate to the audience’s knowledge of the topic.
E/LA 9-10 Writing 12 W.2f Provide a concluding statement or section that follows from and supports the Information or explanation presented (e.g., articulating implications or the significance of the topic).
Bellringer: Under one word summary, explain why you chose that word. Turn in index card.
- Finish summaries/add a creative story from someone’s point of view affected by your topic.
- One - two paragraphs: Tell a story
- Multiple paragraphs: Teach your reader about your topic by summarizing your article.
- Add quote Sandwiches with correct citations to your drafts.
- Annotate your Works Cited:
- Summarize the article in 1 or 2 sentences.
- Write a sentence about how you know the source is valid/trustworthy.
- State why it is useful for you/how did you use the article for your mini-research.
- Write a conclusion: How might your topic affect the setting of TKIM?
- HW: Proofread and edit paper.... and catch up on reading!